Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Finishes

I finally took the time to put Midnight Garden on a journal. I sewed it on by hand and it is crooked and my stitches aren't even. But I like it as the cover on my journal. I only glued the edges of the base fabric so I can remove my cover if I so desire. It is my first attempt at stitching canvas onto fabric so I am trying not to be too hard on myself. At least my journal is ready for the library program starting in January.

The Mill Hill needlepoint Santa stitched up fast. I have decided to add the fibers used to my stash reduction although the piece is not really finished. If I use my own stash to finish the guy, I will give myself more points.
He came out cute, don't you think?

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Look at you go girl! I think the journal is perfect. Good job! Have a Happy New Year. I hope your Christmas was wonderful! Ours was so much better than last year. Bless you.

Cyn said...

Hi Beth,

Yes, the Santa is very cute and I like your journal cover!

I'm finally having a chance to catch up and I appreciate all of your comments on my blog. :-)

Now to read some more entries on yours. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow