Friday, July 16, 2010

Townhouse Front Finished

I managed to get the front done and wanted to share it. I used DMC 761 for the edges of the door and windows. Then I used DMC 168 for the window boxes. Because the steps blended into the fence, I added one strand of the 168 over what I stitched. It worked! Now I need to start on the back piece....

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Why I am Not Stitching

My oldest son keeps bees and I have spent the last few days helping him extract and bottle the honey. It looks pretty in bottles, but boy, is it sticky!!!
This is just some of the honey he is selling. I, of course, take my fair share.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Butterfly Postcards

I have been playing with some fabric a friend gave me and some papercloth that I made a while back. These were fun to make and I hope I have time to do some more.

Friday, July 9, 2010

July Stitch of the Month Finished

This did not take me very long, but I used Gay Ann Roger's idea of doing 12 stitches a day. I did more than 12 stitches; more like a section a day, but the idea is the same. If you do a little each day, then it will slowly get done.
A little like housekeeping....

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Little More Townhouse

By doing a little every day, I have made some progress on my Townhouse. I have too many other things going on to work on this full time, but it is nice to see the windows get some color.

Friday, July 2, 2010

July Stitch of the Month and a Postcard

This area is working up fast. I did this little square last night. It makes a huge difference to add a little color to the black area. I wonder what goes in the black area.
Here is a postcard I threw together. It is off to find a new home.