Friday, September 24, 2010

Townhouse Assembly

I have added my needle case with felt to my Townhouse. I forgot that I did the sashing in white around the windows and door. Also, the roof is fairly dark. Here is the front of my Townhouse. I used a pink for the sashing and a grey for the window boxes. The roof is also lighter.

Here are the two pieces together. (I haven't cut my main pieces out yet.) My photo is terrible, but it does show what a difference a little bit of color will do. I refuse to restitch the inside. It will be my reminder to go with my gut. If it doesn't look right, it probably isn't. Try again with something new. Color is personal, and I need to experiment.

Speaking of experiments....Cheryl has challenged me to do something monochromatic. I am working on it and taking pictures. Maybe I'll have something to show in my next post.

No comments: